Monday, April 29, 2013

28 Days...

Yep, it's been like, well, forever since I've been here, but I've decided that I'd like a little journal of my progress with my current undertaking, and I am just TOO LAZY to create a new blog, so I decided that this here little 'ol blog will serve the purpose for the next 28 days.  And.... then... just maybe.... since school will be out... I just might want to find my way back here and start posting again.

I've posted before about my weight loss journey... the ups and the downs.   I am definately at a 'down' right now- or would that be an 'up'?  I guess it is all in how you look at it....

Anyway, I have been reading a lot about weight loss ('cause that is what you do if you aren't actually doing something, right, you just read about it).  I got very interested in the idea that part of my issue has to do with my hormones and my metabolism.  I mean, who wouldn't come to the conclusion that metabolism was part of the issue when you live with a man like the Mr.  He is just about 6 feet tall and weighs about 140 pounds.  And he eats.  A LOT.  (I am serious, like 4 square meals a day if he hasn't been exercise and more like 5 if he has been really active.)  He eats crap.  He eats fast food.  He eats whatever he wants at restaurants.  And still... he's skinny as a rail.  So- something MUST be different in his body than mine because all I have to do is look at a french fry and I gain weight (and of course, my children seem to be taking after him, which is awesome for them, but can make this momma a little crazy).

After doing my reading online, I finally broke down and about a book, The Fast Metabolism Diet.  I read said book, and thought, and thought, and decided to dive in.  Now... note this might not be the best time in the world for me to undertake such a project--- I am an elementary school principal, a mom, and we are entering the last three crazy weeks of school.  There will be lots of stress, lots of late nights, and lots to distract me, but I just can't wait anymore.  The time has come.  I will use this here little blog to keep to keep to update how it is going- because I think if I post it all on Facebook I might just drive everyone crazy.

Day 1- Phase 1- Week 1
Today was okay.  I ate the food I was supposed to eat, close to the time that I was supposed to eat it.  I didn't drink as much water as I should have, but I drank way more water than I usually do during the day, so I am going to view that as progress.  :)   I prepped a lot of the food over the weekend, which was good.  I am going to have to do that through this entire challenge or there is NO WAY I am going to make it.  This food plan is detailed and takes some planning ahead- and I don't think it will be easy to get what I need just anywhere (there is no fast food in this diet for sure... I even think eating in a restaurant will be hard!).  I have my food planned for days 1-4.  I think I will sit down toomorrow night and plan days 5-7.

Truthfully... the hardest part about today... and I am sure for me the hardest part about every day for awhile will be not just sticking food in my mouth.  I cannot tell you how many times I walked by food today, or just thought about having a 'bite' of something.  Seems like a bad habit I have- just a bite of this or a bite of that- especially while cooking the kids dinner.  I am going to have to fight that urge... daily.

Okay, that's all for day 1.   I survived.  Food is packed for tomorrow.  Bring it on Day 2!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment