Friday, January 6, 2012

InstaFriday

This is my first post at InstaFriday... here's some of the fun things that we did this week...


My mom gave me this donut maker for Christmas.  One of my memories of childhood was when my mom would use her own Sunbeam donut maker to make chocolate donuts for us when we were snowed in.  I was SO excited to get this... and I tried it out for the first time on New Year's Eve.  I used a recipe that I found on the internet... (Unfortunately... the donuts weren't that good.  Even my kids, who are usually REALLY into donuts just ate about 1/2 of a donut each... Little Man actually told me they were TOO chocolately.  I need to do more research....)


Here is the Mr. on New Year's Eve.  Yes, he is doing a puzzle.  It's a tradition in his family that the family receives a puzzle as a gift on Christmas. New Year's Eve was the first chance that he had (Translation... the first time since Christmas that I had cleaned off the dining room table so he had enough room to lay out all the pieces) to do the puzzle, and his Mom, Step-dad, sister and her boyfriend were over to lend puzzle expertise (Since I HATE puzzles, and despite the fact that I BUY this puzzle every year for the family, I NEVER participate in putting it together).


Here's the whole family right after the ball dropped on New Year's Eve.  It's fun to have kids old enough to make it to midnight (They actually made it way past midnight, but as soon as this picture was taken, I went to bed.  This momma is getting OLD).


Here's the Mr. and Little Man as they were heading out the door to Little Man's sleep study.  Nope, for those of you who are wondering, we haven't heard any results just yet (And yes, it is driving me crazy... but I'm trying hard to just roll with it and know that we will have the results soon).


Okay, I'm cheating a bit... this isn't an Instagram... but I didn't get to go to the sleep study with Little Man, and the Mr. refuses to use Instagram.. but here's Little Man attached to all the equipment for the sleep study.  (Can you imagine sleeping like that???)


And finally, Happy Friday.  It was a rough week.  We ended it at Red Robin (the kid's favorite) and I indulged in a lovely beverage.  (YUM!)


life rearranged

Happy InstaFriday everyone!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment